Held at Sheffield Hallam University’s Aspect Court on 17th January this event convened a group of practitioners, academics, local government and third sector workers for a day of presentations, workshops and discussions on the current state of Digital Inclusion.
This was followed by a series of workshops:
- Technology, and learner centred research communities: Mike Pomerantz, TEL Inter-Life project
- Multimedia Advocacy: Andy Minnion, Rix Research Centre
- New Media & e-participation: Sangeet Bhullar, Wisekids
- Widget Design Authoring Toolkit: Elaine Pearson, Teeside University
Finally, a panel disucssion on Digital Inclusion Policy and Practice was held with contributions from:
- Karen Guldberg, University of Birmingham, TEL Echoes project
- Anne Pike, Open University
- Ellen Helsper, London School of Economics
- Kate D’Arcy, Cambridgeshire Race, Equality and Diversity Service
- Fred Garnett, London Knowledge Lab/ RSA
The event was linked to a ‘Curated Conversation’ held later the same day led by Fred Garnett. More detail here
The day was also recorded on film by Xube Productions as part of a larger project documenting the world of Technology Enhanced Learning.
More to follow.